The Directorate comprises of three departments namely:- Pharmacy,Nutrition, and Manufacturing departments. The Directorate is headed by the Director who oversees the overall running of the Directorate. It is run by Pharmacists,Nutritionists,Pharmaceautical Technologists and Chemical Technologists that are registered to practice by their respective professional bodies.The Department of Pharmacy comprises of Clinical,Commodity management Pharmacists together with Pharmaceutical technologists.
The Directorate of Pharmacy & Nutrition embraces the Hospital Vision of becoming the Leading Multi-Specialty Hospital for Healthcare, Training and Research in Africa.
In Pursuit of the Hospital mission, The Directorate is committed to rendering quality, efficient, and professional pharmaceutical services to patients and other clients.
This has been made possible by ensuring;-
- Adherence to good professional practice
- Provision of specialized Pharmacy & Nutrition services including oncology,TB, HIV & Aids, Psychiatry,diabetes and cardiovascular.
- Constant availability of quality, cost effective drugs & Nutritional supplements through timely monthly orders.
- Professional approach tendering processes to ensure availability of quality commodities.
- Rigorous regular checks are done to minimize drug expiries in our pharmacies & Bulk stores.
- The Directorate has a Pharmacovigillance office and drug Information centre to gather patient information and to capture side effects related to drugs and preventive measures.
- Enhancing efficient & Quality service delivery by embracing the use of the Hospital IHMS during billing & dispensing of drugs.
- Establishment of Clinical Pharmacy unit. Pharmacists in this unit ensure the best medications for a given symptom for a patient are determined at any given time.
- The Pharmacy and Therapeautics Committee ensures quality drugs are available through the establishment and revision of the Hospital Drug Formulary.
The Hospital is recognised as a centre for training pharmacist interns and attachees in collaboration with The Ministry of Health, Pharmacy and Poisons Board and the neighbouring training institutions.
The Directorate ensures continuous exchange of Medical knowledge and to keep up with the world trends in medicine through Clinical Pharmacy Journal club(Pharmaceutical experts share their findings in the area of pharmacy),WhatsApp groups, meeting and CMEs held by different departments within the Hospital.