Shoe4Africa Children’s Hospital is the first dedicated public children’s Hospital and one of its kind in East & Central Africa. The 250-bed multi-specialty Hospital which provides paediatric medical and surgical services; also has Outpatient Ambulatory and Emergency Department.
Specialist Services at Shoe4Africa Children’s Hospital
• Paediatric Cardiology
• Paediatric Neurology
• Paediatric Nephrology
• Paediatric Gastroenterology
• Paediatric Critical Care
• Paediatric Oncology
• Paediatric Dermatology
• Paediatric Surgery
• Paediatric Orthopaedics
• Paediatric Burns/Plastic Surgery
• Others: Urology, Ophthalmology, ENT & Dental
Child life Program
MTRH has engaged Child Life Health Workers (CLHWs) who help lessen children’s anxiety, particularly in-patients, by introducing them to real medical equipment through play, explaining how and why procedures must be done, and ways each child can assist the medical team.
• The Sidekick Foundation, Indiana, USA funding a USD 2 Million Harry J. Dyer 60-bed Burns Hospital which will be the only such Burns Hospital in East Africa.
• The Shoe4Africa Foundation, New York, USA funding a USD 2.5 Million 162-bed Julie Anne Parry Paediatric Cancer Hospital. The first Children’s Cancer Hospital in East & Central African Region.
Tailor-made courses offered at MTRH College of Medicine (CoM)
In order to ensure self-reliance and capacity development of Human Resources for Health (HRH) for MTRH and beyond, the College of Medicine located at MTRH campus runs a one (1)-year program on Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery (Paediatrics) and Higher Diploma in Peadiatric Oncology Nursing.